Friday, January 29, 2010

lovin the church

I'm in love with the church.  Sounds crazy I know...but I'm just in love.  Can't help it!!!

I know that its not always the prettiest, sometimes it can be flat out ugly...but I still love it.

The church in its plethora of expressions represents God's FBO (Forward Base of Operations) in the world today.  It is the church (you and I) that have been commissioned to bring light into the world and to season it with Jesus' redemptive message of grace.

You may have your preferred expression...but no single expression is more important to Christ than the other.  Pretty or Ugly (all in the eye of the beholder), Christ sees each the same...His followers living out His teachings to the best of their understanding. (hopefully mature enough to change along the way)

I would agree that there are many who lose sight of the mission and the church becomes all about them, but even the stubborn hard-headed ones are part of His church...He loves them all...I'm learning to love them too. As Rick Warren tweeted the other day..."I love them but I don't LIKE them" is hypocrisy,self-delusion & violates agape. Love covers all sins Prv.10:12" So...I love the church! It's not perfect, but it is the vehicle that to which God has entrusted His message of love, grace, and forgiveness.

I love the church...even the parts that used to frustrate me and drive me nuts...growing up I suppose. ;You never know...I may be the ugly one...after all.

No comments: