Friday, February 06, 2009

pardon the interruption

Life has been interrupted. Like a barking dog at 2am after a long days work, January interrupted my comfortable existence.

After weeks of wiping away a runny cold, and feeling the low rider vibrations in my chest every time a I took a breath; I went to the local hospital. Not like they could really help me. The place looked like Trading Spaces on the first morning. So much for a bad economy...these guys have money...o...that's right...they lied to their creditors, which has nothing to do with this story.

The ole doctor routine kicks in, they jam a prob under my tongue and strap a velcro cuff around my arm. Beep...Beep...Beep... ??? "Let's try the other arm." Beep...Beep...Beep... "No way!" Let's get him back to the room and have one of the nurses check it. Beep...Beep...Beep... ??? "Get another machine!" Beep...Beep...Beep... ??? "Find me a manual cuff." "Umm Umm...286/190?" "I'll be right back." "Mr Alford, we are going to have to move you to another room, we are not setup to handle someone with your blood pressure."

Wheelchair arrives, off we go...TRAUMA UNIT??? Trauma Doc opens the curtain, "Mr Alford, If you want to see your kids next Christmas (only 10 months away), you may want to let us admit you and find out what is going on with your blood pressure." ???OK???

Let's just say...life has been interrupted.

No comments: