Saturday, February 07, 2009

life interrupted...pt2

(disclaimer...all this happened mid January and I'm recovering quite well)

After the initial interruption, 5 long dreary days tick by. Test after test, scan after scan...nothing. The relief that nothing serious had been found is deadened by the question, what's wrong?

As if the unknown wasn't unbearable enough, my thoughts flatlined. Just blank stares at the wall or ceiling in front of me...the best moments were when I could just dose off to sleep. After the initial shock I had hoped / assumed that there would be some profound life altering thoughts or that I would gain some profound spiritual insight...but nothing.

The only thoughts I had were concern for my family and the slow realization that I was no longer immortal. Up to that point...death and sickness was something others experienced.

Little did I realize at the time that those two (simple) thoughts would begin an earth shattering transformation in my life.

No comments: